January 6, Year 6 - AnklebitersSeptember 1st 2018, 10:05 pmTuhi
A bird? A plane?August 24th 2018, 9:40 amOzzkat
MOB HISTORY: LinklusAugust 16th 2018, 7:18 pmTuhi
January 6, Year 6 - LavasAugust 16th 2018, 6:37 pmTemp

Go down
View user profile

Re: Chapter Three: Cast Proposals

on March 1st 2017, 9:19 am
Do you have the ability to make Youssy and Kat admins? I feel like they could help a lot with the site. (And they're uber experienced in fixing boards XP)
Admin
View user profilehttp://talesoflinklu.forumotion.com

on March 1st 2017, 10:12 am
I'm experienced too xD I've used Forumotion for several years, and made a couple of my own sites. But of course.
Admin

on March 1st 2017, 11:18 am
I'm having a really hard time. But I've cut down to under 30, so... That's like 100 less than my record.
View user profile

on March 1st 2017, 1:42 pm
I have zero experience with Forumotion. Unless it's exactly like Forumcircle (which I know that it's not), I'd probably mess things up if I tried to play around with the boards without Pan's guidance first. xD

Under 30 characters?

Unspeakables: Dolly | Red
Claw Shades: Blood Lily
Vermilions: Torch | Blue Moon

Avatar by DontTouchRummy on DA, though the character belongs to me. c:
Admin

on March 1st 2017, 1:51 pm
It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but maybe I could find or make a tutorial of sorts! Or I could be, like, Linklu's artist as far as designing things. Just look around and see what you can find. There's a lot of helpful topics on the help forum, too.

Yeah. I want to cut it down to 15. Or 12. Or 10. Or 5... but it's HARD xD

I had 136 back in the day.
View user profile

on March 1st 2017, 1:58 pm
I have had a lot of experience adminning/modding/designing boards but that was several years ago... I'm a little rusty now. In addition to that, Forumcircle's options were... super limited so it was pretty easy to run because you had so few choices of things LOL. But I've done some work on other platforms too, like Proboards. Never done a Forumotion but I could give it a shot. I'm more of an organizational person, so come to me for name lists, due dates, adoption lists, etc.

I think I was up to about 50 or even 60 when Linklu v1.0 shut down... the most I've ever had on one site... a bunch were pups though so not completely developed. I was almost reaching my limit but I had made a commitment to all of those characters so I was reluctant to give them up. In a way, this switch was probably what I needed so I can really choose who I want to keep around... and focus on playing those.

Anklebiter: Andra [prim], Gligar [boisterous], Tyra [irritable], Alessa [unique], Papau [protective], Yeyen [intrepid]
Clawshade: Syesha [timid], Frenzy [frenetic]
Unspeakable: Zaina [scrappy]
Vermilion: Parakeet [gutsy], Tijoux [amorous], Tiptoe [reserved], Satsuma [fragile], Stefanie [innocent]
Loners: Homestar [slick], Cree [fierce], Nik [loyal], Golden [conniving]
Future Characters: ??? Villain (KitandaxWoundwort), Mary McKenzie ??? (Goldenx???)
Reserved Names: click
View user profile

on March 1st 2017, 2:17 pm
A tutorial would be cool! But yeah, I'd have to learn a bit more about how Forumotion works before I'd feel even remotely comfortable messing with the boards. However, I think that you remaining the "artist and designer" of sorts is a great idea, so long as you don't feel like we're shoving too much responsibility onto you! I think that you're doing an awesome job so far and I'm sure that you'll continue to, Pan. ^^

I don't even remember the highest number of characters I've had, but I'm trying to cut down to 10. I'm still attached to more than that amount, but I just have to be honest with myself and admit that I didn't really know what to do with the vast majority of them. Keeping only a small handful will hopefully give me the chance to properly develop them.
Admin

on March 1st 2017, 2:20 pm
To be honest, I'd like a chance to create new characters... but my characters just have so many relationships... xD

That's why I wanted a new, more realistic and neutral mob (behavior wise) It's not really something we have, or have had for a long time. By limiting characters, too, it makes the roleplay more creative and interesting.
View user profile

on March 1st 2017, 2:30 pm
Admin wrote:To be honest, I'd like a chance to create new characters... but my characters just have so many relationships... xD

That's why I wanted a new, more realistic and neutral mob (behavior wise)  It's not really something we have, or have had for a long time.  By limiting characters, too, it makes the roleplay more creative and interesting.

Are you thinking like a Kitties-esque mob? They were pretty neutral... Shades and Mirages too.
View user profile

on March 1st 2017, 2:37 pm
I probably won't create any new characters for a while, but I could see myself bringing in someone new down the road.

And a realistic mob would be nice. I imagine that they wouldn't be evil, or particularly kind. They'd simply be survival driven, I suppose.
Admin

on March 1st 2017, 2:56 pm
Yeah, I was. I wanted a group with neutral, well, everything.

The dominants are strong, and can be harsh as needed, but of course they still love their group, and each other. But watch out for them on the battle field, they'll do anything to survive.

The group itself is pretty diverse. Tensions can be high; they're survival driven, so there is competition, and there is drama. They will attack and steal land, the occasional burrow raid... But I wouldn't say they're vicious or evil, unless they need to be. There's a wide range of personalities in the group, but they're all survivors.

Subordinate pregnancies aren't encouraged (and often swiftly dealt with) Petty spats occur, but hardly ever turn into actual fights... dominance fights could be rare, it depends where we start them.

While there is tension in the group, however, this mob is extremely close knit. The drought could very well have created this kind of mob.

These are just ideas, though. We want them to be simple, and open to creativity. The charm is that they're a plot wildcard. Any sort of relationships can be formed, and they won't hesitate to fight with neighboring mobs; they'd be good for rivalries. They're more like, say, the Whiskers I guess, but we can put our own spin on them too. We could create new characters, or have them form from our stragglers. If we do it right, I think it could be good for the group.

I think of the Weathers, the Peppers, and the Villains when Kiwi was around. The Kittys seemed to lean more towards a kind mob to me, and the Shades were gathering evil meerkats (Sammi wanted them to be allies with Voldemort, to help defeat the ClawDiggers.) I'm not saying that they be TOTALLY realistic, it just might be a little different.
Admin

on March 5th 2017, 1:51 pm
How's everyone doing on their characters so far?

View user profile

on March 5th 2017, 1:55 pm
Admin wrote:How's everyone doing on their characters so far?

Still no idea, if a new group is created I'd like to play the dominant female tho if possible.
View user profile

on March 5th 2017, 3:15 pm
I'm still deciding...but I think I'll keep Kenja and Avestia for certain.

Lavas; Shiver.
Vermilions; Morgan & Asha.
View user profile

on March 5th 2017, 7:54 pm
Admin wrote:How's everyone doing on their characters so far?

Is there any way you could make the old forum archive available? Or just, like, send me the list of characters I had in my signature lmao.
Admin

on March 6th 2017, 6:57 am
I'm still trying to figure it out xD but here.

Linklu: Temp, Jazmine, Summer, Cassidee, Faafe, Luisa, Harvey
Villain: Mzuri, Saffaron, Lizziekam, Asphodel, Paris, Endymion, Diem, Alessa, Papau, Alicia, Yeyen
Lava: Bobby, Rozzelle, Gali, Jonna
Flame: Maui, Jordin, Cree, Nik, Golden
Shiner: Boom Shalaka, Irina, Kahlen
Shadow Death: Nightshade, Damian, Andra, Gligar, Tyra
Unspeakable: Zaina
Aurelia: Renzi
Clawshade: Syesha, Trouble, Frenzy
Rainbow Bridge: Thousand, Ariana, Kellee, Cassie, Digital
Loners: Homestar, Endellion
Temporarily Covering: Dawna/Dusk/Smokey Clawshade, Victoria Flame, Cindy/Lewa Lava, Amira/Bliss/Charybdis/Reeta/Rembla/Thunder/Violet Linklu, Demira/Marissa Shiner, Racine Unspeakable, Cloverleaf/Deoris/Lea/Maleina/Taylor Villain
Former Characters: Runna, Lana, Ryker, Northernstar, Sundae, Redd, Gaboon, Erika, Anybody, Aurora, Everything Nice, Gian-Luca, Vladimira, Maja, Hay, Cinnamon
Future Characters: Chickadee Villain (MozexEl-ahrairah), Sassy Villain (KitandaxWoundwort), Kendal Aurelia (LindaxNinja), Tiptoe Linklu (SoultouchxMata Nui), Mary McKenzie Flame (Goldenx???)
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 8:41 am
I've given it some thought and here's who I'm for sure keeping:

Linklu: Lilifey and Victor
Villain: Rebe and Silvertongue
Lavas: London
Unspeakables: Dolly and Red
New group: Torch and Blue Moon (after being separated from the Clawshades)

I may bring back Lucky and Felice eventually. I'll say that they were separated from the Villains for now. I just don't want to overwhelm myself in that mob again.
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 11:41 am
Here's mine I'm keeping

Linklus- Colossus

Villain- N/A

Lavas- Toxic, Poison Dart, Firework, Serum, Sauron, Hope, Jynx (I think that's all I played?)

Anklebiters (if we keep them)- Xaphan

Unspeakables- Zombie, Voldemort

New group- I actually wanted to adopt Willow, Grace, or Mirage if their owners are wanting to get rid of any of them. Please let me know.
Admin

on March 6th 2017, 11:49 am
You can adopt Willow, Megan (I was covering her.) I may bring Flourish back, too, in that case.

I was also gonna play Reeta... maybe... idk
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 5:37 pm
Okay this is probably the characters I'm keeping

LINKLU
Keeping: Temp, Faafe
Considering but probably keeping: Cassidee, Luisa
Dispersing: Summer, Harvey
If you keep Bandit around, I'll keep Jazmine. Otherwise she'll disperse too.

VILLAIN
Keeping: Mzuri, Saffaron, Lizziekam, Asphodel, Paris, Endymion, Diem, Alessa, Papau, Yeyen
Possibly dispersing: Alicia
I know I have too many characters here LOL but I'm so attached to them all

LAVA
Considering but probably keeping: Rozzelle, Gali, Jonna
Dispersing: Bobby

UNSPEAKABLE
Keeping: Zaina

OTHER MOBS
Keeping (don't know how yet): Cree + Homestar/Endellion (loners)
Considering keeping (don't know how yet): Nik, Golden
Dispersing: Maui, Jordin, Boom Shalaka, Irina, Kahlen, Nightshade, Damian, Andra, Gligar, Tyra, Renzi, Syesha, Trouble, Frenzy
I'm also giving up everyone who I was temporarily covering. If you want to adopt them then go ahead, otherwise they'll be dispersed. The only exception is I'm considering adopting Cindy.

Last edited by Temp on March 6th 2017, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 5:41 pm
Lizziekam is staying- yayyyy! ewe

Lavas; Shiver.
Vermilions; Morgan & Asha.
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 6:02 pm
Hm... I may transfer Alessa/Papau/Yeyen to the new group, or even possibly the Anklebiters. I just don't want to overload myself with Villains characters.

Anklebiter: Andra [prim], Gligar [boisterous], Tyra [irritable], Alessa [unique], Papau [protective], Yeyen [intrepid]
Vermilion: Parakeet [gutsy], Tijoux [amorous], Tiptoe [reserved], Satsuma [fragile], Stefanie [innocent]
Future Characters: ??? Villain (KitandaxWoundwort), Mary McKenzie ??? (Goldenx???)
View user profile

on March 6th 2017, 6:29 pm
I'm going to keep Vureon, Tantabus's adopted son who I'm just going to rename to Arthas, he'll be a full grown adult on this site and Tantabus and the litter of 8 she could have had with the Shadow Death's dominant male are now dead (This is integral to Vureon's character)

Every other character I've forgotten is now dispersed.

Vureon might be the new group's dominant female and Arthas would just be a rover maybe he could steal the heart of a random female.
Admin

on March 7th 2017, 5:58 pm
Do we allow characters to be aged up like that? xD

And Makuta's coming back, but he's going to the Unspeakables.
View user profile

on March 7th 2017, 7:07 pm
Omg wait, our characters might have to be aged up. This is a dilemma I just thought of. Since this RP will happen in the future compared to the last day of the old site, we will have to set a "date" for the start of this RP. Even if we start over on Day 1, Year 1 we will still have to decide how far forward we skipped... and thus our unborn characters will likely have been born and our pup characters will likely have grown up somewhat!

BTW I don't care if we do a continuation of the old RP days, or just start over. We just need to decide how long it's been and what old RP day we would be starting on here.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum