Tales of Linklu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please be patient while I build the forum, and help us rebuild Smile
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

View the whole list

Updates will be posted here.
Latest topics
Hello there!July 26th 2023, 7:32 pmSarikat
Hello there!July 26th 2023, 7:29 pmSarikat
Update on the Move!July 26th 2023, 3:39 amTuhi
Checking InMarch 5th 2022, 6:09 amTemp
January 6, Year 6 - LinkluMarch 18th 2020, 5:05 pmmitchy_girl
January 6, Year 6 - Rainbow BridgeFebruary 28th 2020, 5:22 pmSnowrush
January 6, Year 6 - UnspeakablesFebruary 17th 2020, 6:43 pmTemp
January 6, Year 6 - AnklebitersFebruary 17th 2020, 6:27 pmTemp
January 6, Year 6 - VillainsFebruary 13th 2020, 8:35 pmTemp

Go down
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin
https://talesoflinklu.rpg-board.net

Chapter Three: Cast Proposals Empty Chapter Three: Cast Proposals

February 24th 2017, 7:36 pm
The second age of Linklu has ended.  Many of us have decided it would be best to start from scratch... As struggling groups.  (Maybe 6 or 7 at most, we should make it work plotwise to tie groups together, etc...) But we'll work the details out later.  For now, I'd like to get an idea of what characters we plan on keeping.

I'm not sure yet but seeing others' input may help me decide.

Last edited by Admin on March 13th 2017, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Megan
Megan

Chapter Three: Cast Proposals Empty Re: Chapter Three: Cast Proposals

February 25th 2017, 8:23 am
Megan here!

I say we definitely keep the Linklu group along with the Lavas. The rest are a mystery to me..
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 25th 2017, 10:07 am
I'd agree with the Lavas, Linklus, as well as the Anklebiters and Unspeakables as well. I'd like to keep the Villains as well, maybe adding a sixth group.

I'd like them to remain a 'neutral' mob... More like a real meerkat mob. They're not evil, neither are they really kind... Management is strictly and punishment is harsh. They're close knit and certainly have close bonds, but they will certainly defend themselves and would even compete with and attack the neighbors. This would create a unique opportunity, and a steady plot builder as well. I know Megan and I had a plot that might fill this.

That would leave one spot left too.

As for the groups, besides the Linklus, and maybe the AB and others... I think we may want to consider forming new ones, for a fresh start. We're still in the middle of a drought, and peril has crippled the population, causing a shift in our characters. This will bring us to where Linklu was in the beginning.

I'll miss the Shiners, Aurelias, SD, and others... But I think this is going to be good for us.
Megan
Megan

February 25th 2017, 11:13 am
I agree. But I'll say I'm not giving up the Lavas or Unspeakables.

They had perfect activity and plots, there was just too much absence.
Kat
Kat

February 25th 2017, 2:12 pm
The groups that I most want to stay are the Linklus, Villains, and Lavas. I'll leave the others up to everyone else. Those are just the three that I'd be crushed to see go.

The characters who I will definitely be keeping are Lilifey, Victor, Rebe, Lucky, Silvertongue (yet to be born), London, Dolly, and Torch. Those are the characters who I'm either too attached to let go, or I have plans for. I'm still deciding on the rest. It'll likely depend on the characters that other people decide to keep, though.
Shadoww

February 25th 2017, 9:23 pm
I'm pretty fine with what everyone else decides for which Mobs to bring over.

I'll just have to think on which of my characters I'll be keeping, and then work on how they adapt to the mobs we're going to use. ...Or if we're making new mobs... I'm fine with that too.
Megan
Megan

February 26th 2017, 1:56 pm
I'll officially adopt Voldemort. That way we can get the US moving like they should be.

Toxic and the Lavas are doing just fine along with everyone in the Linklus.

Anything happening with the Anklebiters?

We can disperse the GY. I hate to see them go, but I don't want the RP clogged again
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 26th 2017, 2:15 pm
I'll definitely miss the Shiners, they were my special survivors </3 But like Megan, I don't want to kill the rp, either. The Shiners grew pretty active, but if they're too similar to the Linklu, nah

I'm not sure if I'll keep playing Penelope, but since the Anklebiters don't really have leaders anyway... they can definitely go on. They were gonna have interactions with the UN, for starters...

I think it's ok to go up to 9 or 10 mobs... EVENTUALLY... in the case that the other mobs are getting large. However, if they start to lack in activity, we should be ok with splitting them. And NO MATTER WHAT, we need to use mobs to work in interest of plots and roleplays.

I plan to write other ideas that will help us, once I get some time. Finals are coming up.
Megan
Megan

February 26th 2017, 3:54 pm
If Surxo, one of Poison and Toxic's pups isn't being played anymore, I was going to adopt him and rename him Serum.

I have much plans for this
Kat
Kat

February 27th 2017, 2:52 am
Honestly, I feel like 10 mobs would be a bit much.

Personally, it was becoming tiresome to reply to so many groups on the old site, and I'd often find myself avoiding posting in one mob because I felt bad about not responding to all of them even though I didn't have the time. As a result, I wasn't that active and role playing became more of a chore than anything else.

Something else to keep in mind is that having less mobs will give us a chance to focus equally on each group, rather than a few getting more attention than the others.

I vote on six mobs tops. For now, at least.

I think that we also have to start being a bit more brutal with our characters in order to keep numbers low (and to better avoid overly large and unrealistic groups). Less successful pregnancies, more disease and death due to injury/infection, etc.
Megan
Megan

February 27th 2017, 7:35 am
I vote six as well. Linklus, Lavas, US (and I think Villains?) should stay cause they're very active and the heart of Linklu while new groups are added to introduce new drama. Or maybe just use the spots for other groups we decide to keep. Whichever is fine to me.

Also, Kat, did you still want to keep the Clawshades and their plans? I'm still interested if you are
Moonbacon

February 27th 2017, 9:38 am
This is a new start, so most mobs should go with the exception of Linklus, Villains and Lavas should stay but I dunno about the others but I think they should go.

Since we only have three groups it would make it much easier to post and catch up compared to like 10+ mobs to which everyone would be stressing over on where to post and what to post, what plots to do, etc.

I also think we should start new plots but I know most of you wont be happy with this.

By the way we should make a Discord group if you guys have that.

Forgot to mention I might scrap all my characters and start anew unless I had a character that's important to the plot. (Tho from what I remember I was playing the Villain's dom male but we can say the one on Linklu died thus a new one is elected and if anyone remembers his name please tell me)
Kat
Kat

February 27th 2017, 1:18 pm
Since the Claw Shades were a new group that was already being planned (but didn't get to play out), I actually wouldn't mind that being one of the new groups here if everyone else is cool with that. If we do go that route, I think that we should not only have it be a merge of the Shades and Claw Diggers, but say that the drought has  also cut down on their numbers and forced meerkats from mobs that didn't survive at all to join them, as well. Just an idea.

So long as we keep the few core groups and don't go overboard with the number of new mobs, I don't really mind what we do, though. c:
Megan
Megan

February 27th 2017, 3:19 pm
ClawShades do have a lot of potential. It will definitely be one of those "undeveloped" groups. Think about it..

There only dominant is inexperienced and will either grow stronger or weaker. This will also cause the group to shift in "attitude", whether they be evil, nice, neutral, or mixed. It all depends on the future and fate.

All while there's countless males trying to win the DM spot
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 27th 2017, 5:11 pm
I'm still hoping for a neutral group. It might actually be refreshing to have a few newer groups.

Ok so I think we've decided on our first 5 (or where they originated at least) Linklus, Villains, Lavas, Anklebiters, and Unspeakables. That leaves a last spot.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the ClawShades, since I lost interest in all of my characters there. But, considering what I'd said earlier, I'd definitely like to play them as our wildcard, though I'd like them best as a neutral group. A mob who are close but not afraid to get dirty either.

I think 7 would be ok, if our mobs are in interest of plots and such. EVENTUALLY. Let's start with 6.

I agree with Kat, though. I had a hard time posting in so many mobs...

Megan, are Poison Dart and Bleach still a thing? ewe
Megan
Megan

February 27th 2017, 5:19 pm
We could say that the Anklebiters migrate to the ClawShades since they're without a leader and kind of "stranded", thus making them search for a larger group.

As for the Poison Dart and Bleach,

PD is always going to have that princess brat attitude. I don't really see them as rivals much anymore. Just PD being one of the few that can combat with brave Bleach and stale mate XD
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 27th 2017, 5:25 pm
No, the Anklebiters have their own plots... they just have a sort of 'committee'. They still have a lot of potential.

Hmm, maybe there can still be a rivalry, we'll see ;D
Megan
Megan

February 27th 2017, 7:27 pm
Unless he's claimed when the RP starts back up again, I'm going to go ahead and adopt Surxo and rename him Serum. He was never RP'd and I've had this idea in mind for a long time.

I hope this is okay
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 27th 2017, 7:37 pm
That would be fine! I'd love to see the babies played.

I know I've worked on setting up a new generation of pups, like there was when Poison was a baby. Candle, for instance, is going to look up to the more aggressive pups.
Megan
Megan

February 27th 2017, 9:58 pm
Is it okay if I take Grace or Mirage as well? I figured with their group dying off, neither of them would be spared. I'll have one of them make it to the ClawShades or another group.

Later down the road, I'll have her run into her brother, Toxic, whom she thought was dead :3

(plots ftw!)
Moonbacon

February 28th 2017, 7:31 am
No idea what character to make this time or what plot to do :S
Temp

February 28th 2017, 9:26 am
I agree that Linklu/Villains/Lavas HAVE to stay. I'm less invested in Anklebiters and Unspeakables just because I don't have any developed characters there, but that's okay. As for Clawshades, I'm okay with them returning, but I also think it might be interesting to have a new group. It might bring new blood into the roleplay.

If anyone doesn't object, I might move some of my characters in dispersing mobs into other groups (that aren't too big already)... I'm just way too attached to some of them. It's going to be really hard for me to let go of a lot of my characters... but I understand it's what needs to be done.
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 28th 2017, 9:58 am
I would agree that a new group would be good, but if not, I can agree on the ClawShades. If any group doesn't work out, we can get rid of them.

Also, we have a stalker. ewe
Kat
Kat

February 28th 2017, 3:45 pm
A new group would be fine with me. I don't really care either way, though. So long as we keep Linklu, Villains, and Lavas + keep the number of mobs down, I'll be fine with whatever you guys decide to do.

And that would be totally fine, Youssy. I also plan on doing that with some of my characters.

..What stalker? o.O
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

February 28th 2017, 7:03 pm
Don't worry, it's just Sky. ewe
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum