A bird? A plane?August 24th 2018, 9:40 amOzzkat
MOB HISTORY: LinklusAugust 16th 2018, 7:18 pmTuhi
January 6, Year 6 - LavasAugust 16th 2018, 6:37 pmTemp

Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://talesoflinklu.forumotion.com

Just some thoughts on rules

on November 30th 2017, 2:00 pm
I've had a few ideas concerning our rules... we don't need to make a decision immediately, but I wanted to mention them for discussion.

1. In the past we had rules in place that allowed character control as well as allowing for more realism concerning pup deaths in the group. Once we get going, maybe we could consider doing something similar? Maybe allowing pups to still be played, but they could still be killed.  Or something.

2. I would also like to develop a system for determining whether characters and players are active or not, maybe we could limit character creation and pregnancies based on who falls under inactive (it even says something like that in the old rules...)

3. I would like to require short bios sometime in the distant future. I think it would be beneficial. Nothing fancy... maybe just the name, gender, age, a short personality, and maybe a short summary of the character's origins.  Kinda like what DW did, it wouldn't be strict, but it might help reduce the amount of random empty characters on the site.

4. I know we've done alright so far without it, but I think setting more clear ground rules on dominance fights might be beneficial. In the original rules it stated that no one is guaranteed a dominant spot... kinda suggesting that a dominant spot could indeed be taken.  But haven't we run into trouble with that before? I'm not sure if we all even agree with that rule anymore...

5. We will, of course, be adding to these as time goes on. We still need a new information topic about Rainbow Bridge, updated mob histories, and at some point I'd like to write three additional topics... How to rp a meerkat, meerkat trivia, and maybe an FAQ. That would take time, but I think it would be helpful to new members since we do things rather differently here, and we're one of the few meerkat rps left!

6. You'll notice that there's a section on the forum for 'private' roleplays.  Sometimes, people like to hold private roleplays where relationship building between two characters is the main focus.  All of our major events would still take place in the main group topics, and I was thinking that the players would be required to put the date in the topic title, and nothing major would be allowed to take place (so that it won't add additional work to the chronologies) as well as let us know if anyone dies... if someone missed an event they want to play, this might be an interesting way to do that, as well.  Idk, there are pros to this option, and it wouldn't be allowed to take away from the main roleplay, it would just be there for anyone who needs it...

Bandit {conflicted} Sevuela {naive} Hortense {scheming} Violet {passionate} Liulfr {feisty} Temptation {tba}

Kitanda {dramatic} Moze {sensitive} Venom {outcast} Piper {annoying} 

Poison {ruthless} Tuhi {cautious} Tahu {courageous} Lewa {adventurous} Bleach {independent} Honeybee {meek} Alexandra {confident} Jazz {rebellious}

Penelope {friendly} Say It {responsible} Tumble {caring} Black Rose {wayward} Rhapsody {inquisitive} Gabby {innocent}

Makuta {sinister} Kaina {sadistic} White Night {twisted} Carnie {volatile} Amethyst {heroine} Skarmory {meek} Vespera {strange}

Lucille {ambitious} Mata Nui {gentle} Sohnii {serious} Rintan {reckless} Flufficus {quirky}

Krahka {fierce} Pancake {pacifist} Firefly {resilient}

Hudson, Hazelnut, Kiwi, Natalie, Ambrosia, Zion, Hutch, Fairy, Pixie, Angel, Sterling
View user profile

Re: Just some thoughts on rules

on November 30th 2017, 4:00 pm
1. I believe the rule was that pups couldn't be played until they were a week old so in that time they could die due to infanticide, etc. However, that rule kind of got abandoned, especially since most litters now have plans. My only suggestion is maybe limiting the number of pups that survive to adulthood per litter? Perhaps to 3. And if you have plans/plots for a larger litter, you have to get admin approval. Just a suggestion.

2. I'm fine with that.

3. Hmm, I think the ability to add characters so freely is what sets Linklu apart from other RPs. I actually like it, although you're right that it has caused a lot of confusion/trouble in the past. I wonder if there's a way to keep it but also make it less confusing. Maybe instead of bios (or in addition to), people will be required to keep a list of characters that they currently own? Idk, I know they're short and inconsequential but I just feel like REQUIRING bios may shy people away. Also, some people may just want to introduce a character and then figure out their history/personality later.

4. What do you have in mind? IMO I thought things were clear... anyone is entitled to challenge a dominant at any time, but most attempts fail and there may be repercussions for your character within the RP.

5 & 6. Sounds cool!

Anklebiter: Andra [prim], Gligar [boisterous], Tyra [irritable], Alessa [unique], Papau [protective], Yeyen [intrepid]
Clawshade: Syesha [timid], Frenzy [frenetic]
Unspeakable: Zaina [scrappy]
Vermilion: Parakeet [gutsy], Tijoux [amorous], Tiptoe [reserved], Satsuma [fragile], Stefanie [innocent]
Loners: Homestar [slick], Cree [fierce], Nik [loyal], Golden [conniving]
Future Characters: ??? Villain (KitandaxWoundwort), Mary McKenzie ??? (Goldenx???)
Reserved Names: click
Admin

on November 30th 2017, 6:14 pm
1 - Hmm... yeah.  I guess I'll see what everyone else says for that one.  It would be cool to restore the rule, at least for subordinate litters, because we have certain dominant females who wouldn't tolerate litters in some cases xD but I do like your idea, too... After all, a lot of pups end up being predated, too.  What does everyone else have to say about that?

2 - ok, we can brainstorm it!

3 - I can see where you're coming from.  However, I think that asking members to spare a few minutes to create a short bio shouldn't be too much to ask... we wouldn't need to ask for more than a few sentences in total, and it would really just need to a vague idea of what a character might be.  It gives you a chance to brainstorm before starting to work with a character, and shows a little effort.  It is nice that it's so easy to create characters on Linklu, but I think creating a list is too easy.  Maybe I'm just saying that because most roleplays these days require massive, in-depth bios... but I know we've never worked that way either.  I just think it might be really helpful.  We could be super lax on the requirements, this is sort of what I was thinking of:

Name: Mata Nui
Personality: calm and kind, but doesn't like to fight
(maybe make description and history optional?)

I know we're not used to this though so I can understand... let's see what everyone else says. c: if not now, we could consider it for down the road.

4 - Alright! I'll go ahead and add that, and if we need more guidelines we can add them later.

5/6 - Okay, sweet!

EDIT: If we want

Bandit {conflicted} Sevuela {naive} Hortense {scheming} Violet {passionate} Liulfr {feisty} Temptation {tba}

Poison {ruthless} Tuhi {cautious} Tahu {courageous} Lewa {adventurous} Bleach {independent} Honeybee {meek} Alexandra {confident} Jazz {rebellious}

Penelope {friendly} Say It {responsible} Tumble {caring} Black Rose {wayward} Rhapsody {inquisitive} Gabby {innocent}

Makuta {sinister} Kaina {sadistic} White Night {twisted} Carnie {volatile} Amethyst {heroine} Skarmory {meek} Vespera {strange}

Lucille {ambitious} Mata Nui {gentle} Sohnii {serious} Rintan {reckless} Flufficus {quirky}

Hudson, Hazelnut, Kiwi, Natalie, Ambrosia, Zion, Hutch, Fairy, Pixie, Angel, Sterling
View user profile

on December 6th 2017, 8:49 pm
I'm okay with it. Especially the bio part. Luckily for me, I probably won't be introducing any more random characters. I plan on them being "born" into the rp.
Admin

on December 7th 2017, 2:52 pm
Honestly I think having bios for characters born into the rp would be useful too, since those are only easier to create, but that's just me XDD

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum